Tuesday, November 24, 2009

please pray

Im a nervus wreak. Today I was standin in sams waitin for my daddy who was in the back to meet me up front for pizza when my phone rang. I looked at it and to my surprise I see its the boys docter. I pick it up and its our nurse. She tells me that one of Logans newborn screens has come back abnormal. This is the last thing I wanted to hear since all the things they test for are a bog deal. I can not help it I start cryin standing there alone in sams. My dad comes up to find me a sobbing mess. So this afternoon we took him to have his blood taken and to let them colect some pee. We wont know anything for up to 2 weeks. They think he may have galactosemia a very rare (occurs in about one in 50,000 - 60,000 births)genetic metabolic disorder. It can kill a child if it goes untreated and even with treatmentthere continues to be a high incidence of long-term complications involving speech and language, fine and gross motor skill delays and specific learning disabilities. Im not dealing with this possibility as well as russ and would really love any prayer we can get right now. Im prayin this test comes back normal.